Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Hatred For Money

Money we all need it. You can not possibly live with out it, or you can't live with out it in the areas where currency is so important. I could go move to a third world country and live by the land and have a good life but living in America it is not that easy. With how the world is here it is like money is our life line. With out it you can't have a roof over your head or feed your belly. But what I'm mostly getting is at is what money can do to people. I seen it first hand split families apart by greed of what people think they should be getting. It also has now split two of my best friends apart because of something that doesn't even breathe. It sickens my stomach in how something that is just a piece of paper could have such a strong impact on our lives. I will admit it if I had lots of money I wouldn't have the problems that I have now. It is not very Buddhist of me to say this because I am supposed to follow a way of life that is not materialistic but it is not that easy when everything is being shoved in your face about what the better way of life is defined by having a good sum of money in your pocket.
Even trying to get girls around here the first thing they look at is - is this guy a bum or could he support me? Not every woman is like this but I bet you the majority of women are. Don't believe me how about if I were to say "would you like to go out with me? We can catch the bus around this time then walk a few minutes to this nice restaurant that is having great prices on soup." Its all about who's got the nice car, who dresses with the expensive name brands - do you know a shirt that is really expensive could look like a piece of shit compared to a much cheaper one but the fact that people know it is very expensive makes it look a lot better - Like What the Fuck has anyone seen what Versace clothing looks like? I could take two of the same items then on one just change the name to a name brand one and see which one will sell more. Guarantee it will be the one with the name brand.
Money is what makes the world go round and it is so fucking true, there is not even any exaggeration to that. Like I would love to have a job where I can write or be a personal trainer and a nutritionist or even be able to teach yoga. But those things don't pay the bills so instead I work my ass off in a place I don't really like that is very stressful at times because it pays better. I also see my family in a sad mood because we don't have money. Some people look down at us because there is like seven people living under the same roof or how I used to be criticized about sharing a room with my sister because we couldn't afford to build another room for me to live in. This didn't bother me one bit but I hated how people would think that way. Or another one is with my other family and they used to own a good business that brought in some good income. Things went down hill and they were all worried about not being able to vacation in good spots or not having the nicest of things. We should not have to worry about these things but this is what the culture of money has done to us all.
I never really had lots of money so I could care less. But I am still affected by this because you would never see me driving a fucking Kia or going to a night out in a club with a shirt I purchased at Wallmart. I wish there was something I could do about this but money is tattooed into our culture and this one will never go away or fade out.

No comments:

Post a Comment