Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting My Head Back

Well it has been a long time of being sober in my own consideration. I have spent a life time on booze and drugs and finally a little while ago had kicked both. It was a long and hard battle that took a lot of will and a lot of battling your own mind. Through the physical withdrawals of Oxys and your mind trying to talk you into just taking one to make you feel better is something that I never ever want to experience again. But slowly and surely things got a lot better day by day. I finally got through the withdrawals then it was all in my head to either take one or not. Once I got past that life became so much better for me.
I lived the past year in depression thinking my life sucked. It was mostly just clouded with the narcotics. You never really realize how much something has a grip on you until you get away from it. But I still have my issues but it is so easier to handle when you are not boozing and drugging. I used to be an activist in legalizing drugs but now after I went through all that shit I am dead against them. The risk of going through what I did with other people is way to high to the people who can actually handle them. Addiction is a scary thing and I don't care how strong you are once you reach a certain point there really is no ever going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment