Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is Honesty the Best Policy?

Well being a Buddhist comes with doing a lot of the teaching and practicing as well. And one is being honest. I will say this now - I will always lie to the law. This teaching of mine predates any Buddhist philosophy I started picking up. And well fuck the law and the people who enforce it – I will end with that.
So I have to be honest all the time and absolutely no lying. When I first started this it was a little hard and it was so funny because I realized all about the little shit that I would lie about. This is also a must that I have to do with beating alcoholism because lying and bullshiting is a trait that goes highly with alcoholics. So I started being honest with everything.
Well it has gotten me into a lot of shit. Because I had to tell my love that I am marrying soon about my past relationships and that I have had sexual relations as well. I had all good intentions in doing this mind you and I thought it would be better to let her know this before we get married then later down the road. I thought honesty was the best policy, well not in this case. She hasn’t talked to me in two weeks and the last time I did she said that she was very sad that I had lied to her. Go Fucking Figure.
Now there is being honest and being way to fucking honest. Or I should say speaking your mind honestly. If someone asks me if I was an alcoholic I would say yes – that is being honest. Then you have these people if you asked them if they were alcoholics they would say yes then follow it by how one time they sucked dick to get money to buy alcohol – that is speaking your mind honestly.
I believe people should be honest and not speaking their mind honest. You don’t have to lie but you can leave a lot of the truth out – please.

No comments:

Post a Comment